Total in Africa, a Longstanding and Enduring Presence
- Around 30% of Total’s oil and gas production
- 43 countries in which Total operates
- 10,000 employees
- No. 1 retail network in Africa, with nearly 4,200 service stations
- 2 million customers a day
- 5 refineries in which Total has an interest
- Total has downstream operations only in the following African countries: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Republic of Guinea, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Total has upstream operations only in the following African countries: Angola, Libya and South Sudan.
- Total has upstream and downstream operations in the following African countries: Algeria, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, South Africa, Swaziland and Uganda.
Solar power plants in South Africa
2 solar power plants with our affiliate SunPower in South Africa + 1 solar panel manufacturing plant now being built and scheduled to begin operating in 2015.