€459 million allocated to social and economic development projects
|Community development initiatives||2012||2013||2014|
|Community development spending – in € millions||316||357||459|
|Community development spending in non-OECD countries - as a %||93.1||86||89.7|
|Number of projects||3,082||3,404||3,470|
|Total Foundation + corporate philanthropy spending – in € millions||32.3||29.1||35.7|
Total’s contribution over a six-year period (2009-2014) to the Fonds d’Expérimentation pour la Jeunesse (FEJ) youth development fund, in partnership with the French government: €60 million
A commitment to education
Our contribution to education is built on the five following international programs:
- Primary and secondary education.
- More than 10,000 scholarship students, of which 128 studying in France, supported in 40 countries in 2014.
- A network of more than 60 partnerships with universities around the world.
- 35 professorial and research chairs.
- 50 professional training programs, from the high school to professional master's level.
Support for small businesses
Total Développement Régional (TDR) is dedicated to supporting small businesses.
- Results for France:
- 129 small businesses supported through loans
- €6.6 million in loans granted
- 2,259 jobs planned in these businesses
- Support for exports:
- 105 businesses supported
- 15 VIE co-op interns hosted by our affiliates
More than 30% of community development actions dedicated to education and employment