TOTAL puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and adheres to the following principles:
- to protect the safety of people and its facilities;
- to limit its environmental footprint;
- to ensure that its Code of Conduct is applied to all of its activities;
- to incorporate the challenges of Sustainable Development in the exercise of its activities;
- to increase its local integration by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and social development of the regions where the Group has operations; and
- to promote equal opportunities and foster diversity among its personnel.
TOTAL refers to the IPIECA (the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues) reporting guidance specific to the industry and to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). More details on these reporting frameworks can be found on the Group’s website (csr-analysts.total.com).
TOTAL’s CSR performance is measured by non-financial rating agencies. TOTAL has been included continuously in the FTSE4Good index (London Stock Exchange) since 2001 and in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI – New York Stock Exchange). In 2014, TOTAL was listed in the DJSI World for the eleventh consecutive year and has been the only major in this index since 2010. TOTAL has also been listed in the DJSI Europe since 2005.
The methodological note concerning the information in this chapter is presented in point 5. of this chapter.
The data presented in this section are provided on a current-scope basis.